Today is December 7th. This recipe is ironically fitting for the date because it includes 4 ingredients and 3 steps. 4 + 3 = 7. (I just studied for my math final, which is probably why I thought to connect those two.) Anyways, today’s recipe is another family favorite…Haystacks!
It might seem odd to use chow mein noodles in holiday baking but I promise these treats are unique, tasty and super simple. Plus, people will think you are an absolute culinary genius for pairing these ingredients together!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 12 oz. package of butterscotch chips (or chocolate)
- 6-7 oz. package chow mein noodles
- Holiday sprinkles
- Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips together slowly in the microwave.
- Add chow mein noodles. Mix well.
- Drop in small clusters on wax paper. Top with festive sprinkles.
(Tip: When storing these, stack layers in a container separated by wax paper so they do not all stick together!)
Love food. Love self. Love life.