Last evening my friend Nora and I decided to try out one of her family recipes for Caramel Corn. Let me tell you, it is incredible! Buttery, caramel-y, crunchy. Just divine.
- 8 oz. bag corn pops
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Place corn pops in a large roasting pan.
- In a 2 qt. sauce pan, over medium heat, mix the butter, corn syrup and brown sugar. (GG Tip: Spray the measuring cup for corn syrup with a little non-stick cooking spray. The corn syrup will pour right out!)
- Stir constantly for 2 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges, remove from heat. (Nora did a great job of stirring!)
- Add 1 tsp. baking soda to cause foaming (this will allow for proper coating of pops).
- Pour caramel over pops and stir until pops are properly coated.
- Place in 250’F oven for approximately 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour onto waxed paper. Break apart to desired piece size before pops can cool.
Happy caramel corn baking from Gourmet Gab and Nora!
Love food. Love self. Love life.