When my cousin Gretchen suggested today’s recipe for Pecan Clusters she said, “I make them and people love them…I don’t even like pecans but these rock!” I hope this Gourmet Gab family favorite rocks your holiday season, as well!
- 4 cups toasted pecans (about 1 lb.)
- Boiling water
- 4-5 Tbsp. butter
- 2-3 large Hershey chocolate bars
- Pour pecans into a colander. Pour boiling water over them 2-3 times.
- Melt butter in pan and add pecans.
- Toast on a baking sheet in 325 degree oven, stirring every 5 minutes until well toasted. (Recipe says about an hour but that’s a little long! Watch! They burn easily, so turn oven down after first 15 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with salt and cool.
- Melt Hershey bars slowly either in microwave or double boiler.
- Add pecans and coat well with chocolate. Drop in clusters on wax paper. Let cool and enjoy!
Love food. Love self. Love life.