Looking for an easy but unbelievably delicious treat to bring to a holiday party or cookie exchange? I have the recipe for you! Try this Sweet and Salty Cracker Toffee…it’s made with everyday saltine crackers, but jazzed up with a caramel sauce and chocolate. Another family recipe I hope will become a tradition for you, too!
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 2 cups semisweet/milk chocolate chips or 2+ Hershey’s chocolate bars.
- Optional: 1 cup chopped, toasted almonds or pecans.
- Line 9×13 pan with crackers.
- Boil brown sugar and butter for 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Pour chocolate chips or lay Hershey bars on top when it comes out of the oven and spread evenly.
- Optional: Top with chopped almonds or pecans.
- Let cool completely and break apart into pieces.
Love food. Love self. Love life.