These soft and light Sugar Cookies are another classic treat during the Christmas season! Simple to make and great to freeze–you can’t go wrong with these cookies. This recipe has been passed down through generations in Gourmet Gab’s family cookbook. FYI: There will be plenty of cookies left just for you after giving some to Santa and sharing with family because the recipe yields about 60 cookies!
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vegetable oil and egg.
- Sift flour, salt, cream of tartar, and soda. Add into wet mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Wrap ball of dough in saran wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Place onto cookie sheet, flatten gently with heel of hand and top with holiday sprinkles.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. (Watch! They overcook easily, so remove from oven before they turn golden brown.) Enjoy!
Love food. Love self. Love life.